16.6.11

Back to the roots.

Don't you love thinking back about the time you were waiting near the radio to record your favorite songs, so you could listen to your mixtape all day? I sure miss it. Some times I still install my Nintendo Entertainment System to feel that nostalgia again, and the best part about it all, (this applies to vinyl, tapes, old computer games and what not) that the quality was bad, but in a lovely way. The slightest unexpected glitch in a song or game just gives me the shivers. That's probably why I now am fond of glitch music. Also the precious moments I had with the video tape recorder, video's watched over fifty times really started to be art.

Nostalgia.

I really would like to buy myself a new computer: 1,33 MHz Proc, 32MB Memory, 2GB HDD, Voodoo Graphicscard, and so on. It really makes me happy thinking about the possibilitys I would have with that system. All those DOS games can be played again, and I could laugh at my friends because I could play all those retro games much smoother.

This all remembers me of the fact someone on youtube recorded some gameplay in Doom with his video tape recorder. It was such a lovely sight. Maybe I can find it again.



20 minutes later: Found it!



Enjoy ;).



So yeah, we all go onward with technology but let's not forget were it all started!

No comments:

Post a Comment